Website Elizabeth Layton Center
Are you looking for a rewarding mental health therapist position with a great company?
The Elizabeth Layton Center is a growing, private not-for-profit community mental health center serving Franklin and Miami counties in Kansas. ELC provides a variety of outpatient mental health services including individual, family and group therapy; medication management; 24/7 crisis services; and specialized community based/support services for adults with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) and for youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED).
ELC has four locations and has over 150 employees serving over 4,400 clients each year. We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer who understands that employees are our greatest asset. ELC offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, flexibility and generous PTO.
The right person for this full-time opportunity will be a master or doctorate level Kansas licensed mental health professional who finds it rewarding to provide mental health assessment and treatment services to adults and children. You will enjoy the challenges of working with both adults and children with mental health and/or substance abuse needs. No Afterhours On-Call required!
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops initial assessment and formulates treatment plans
• Conducts a variety of treatment approaches including group, individual, and family therapy
• Confers with other staff and agency representatives as appropriate
• Prepares a variety of reports as necessary
• Maintains appropriate records for reporting, evaluation, accounting, and clinical purposes
• Meets direct service expectations
• Meets deadlines for daily paperwork and reports
• Provides quality documentation
• Complies with ELC policies and procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Must be a Kansas licensed LP or LSCSW.
• Familiarity with mental health theory and practice
• Familiarity with diagnostic and treatment planning approaches relevant to professional discipline
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
• Relates positively with colleagues and representatives of other agencies
• Communicates directly and effectively in a cooperative manner
• Familiarity with basic ethical considerations in the mental health field
• Ability to recognize and be sensitive to cultural and ethnic differences
• Ability to safely perform major job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
Become a valued member of the ELC team today!
To be considered, submit your cover letter & resume to: HR@laytoncenter.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com